This was a very interesting case study to me. I just really liked that Aiyana, the principle, was so kind to Ms. Remington. Aiyana took Ms. Remingtons wet raincoat from her and gave her a cup of hot cider. I also really like that Aiyana has a round table in her office for meetings. I think that is more comfortable.
When I first read this study and saw that the mom let a 1st grader (Luke) have "mental health" days I was absolutely shocked. It is a child and they are not always going to like school. I feel like this could be staring a very bad habit for Luke. This could lead him to think that every time he doesn't like something or something is too difficult he can just run away from it.
Also I do not believe that Aiyana should be worried about Luke's progress. Some kids are just slower at learning things then others. Luke may not memorize the alphabet as quickly as his sister, but he will get it. He will also learn how to read. It is wonderful that he has a passion for stories! That is a great start!
When I was in the first grade my teacher told my mom I was going to be held back. I was not learning my reading and writing as quickly as the other kids in my class. When I came back to the school after Christmas break something had changed and I was writing and reading as much as I pleased. Obviously, I don't remember this, but I am just a slow learner, but I will eventually get it... just give me time.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment