I am observing a first grade class with about 14 to 17 students. When I first arrived the students were coloring and/or reading a story. The students who finished reading the story took a quiz on one of the computers in the classroom. At 8:30 all the students stopped what they were doing and gathered for circle time. The teacher covered a lot while the students were at circle time. They did months, days of the week, counting coins, numbers (counting by five's, counting by 2's), time, weather (checked a thermometer outside). The teacher just kept everything going. After circle time was done the students had word time, this was followed by small group time.
I really enjoyed observing the first grade class. The teacher was awesome! She pulled songs into almost everything. She also really pushed for the students to encourage one another. I think my favorite thing was their "Fantastic" cheer.... the students would move their hands like they were spraying a cleaning bottle and make the sound with their mouths (chu chu chu), then then pretended they were wiping something clean and they all would say "Fantastic!" It was great! I look forward to observing this class more.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment