Monday, November 30, 2009

It brought a smile to my face

When I was doing one of my observations the class was having free time inside. All the kids were doing various things, some were playing games, others were doing art, and one student decided to befriend me. She came up to the table I was sitting at with a tub of little bears. At first she was just playing with the bears and keeping to her self. Every now and then she would look up at me. After a while she asked me what my name was, and I said Meg, she took a second to process it and then said, "You're pretty Meg." It was the sweetest thing ever!! So after the student knew my name she was much more comfortable, she decided to include me in her game with the bears. Her game was simply throwing the bears towards my side of the table, but she seemed to be having a good time. I made a couple of the bears stand up right, the student noticed me do that and then she started placing the bears in front of me rather then throwing them. The student also started organizing the bears by shape and color. She was a very sweet little girl and helped me to keep a smile on my face the entire day!

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear stories like this. Most of the time student teacher relationships are the exact opposite of this in that the teacher has to take the lead role and befriend the student. What a neat little girl in how she decided to befriend you instead!

    ReplyDelete